About Dr Laura Ciel
My official bio is below, but here are a few things you might want to know about me:
- My heart still aches for the sudden loss of my mom 16 years ago
- I love my three kids and I will fight like a Mama Bear for them, yet I also honor that they each have their own path that might look different than mine.
- I used to always worry about doing things “perfectly”, now I realize that other people will always judge me so I focus on doing my best in each moment to honor my values and honor my life
- Before my mom died, I didn’t live my life, I “went through the motions”. Now I live each day fully and completely alive!
- My ex-husband has been my greatest teacher in this lifetime and it hasn’t looked very pretty and almost killed me, but I chose to work and learn from the relationship and I am grateful every day that I did.
- I know deep in my heart that good can come from bad or from pain, if you open to the possibility.
- I feel younger now than I did 15 years ago.
- J’adore paris et j’espere d’y habiter encore un jour, au moins mi-temps.
- I was born in Pearl City, Honolulu, Hawaii at Queen Kapilolani Hospital and was the only Haole baby which meant my dad knew exactly which baby was his (i.e., the skinny, white and bald one)
- I speak French fluently, although I want to delete that because I still have so much more to learn…but when I compare it to my Spanish… it sounds fluent
- Put me on an airplane and I will be excited to travel most anywhere in the world
- A native healer in Bali told me that "my mind was too strong and I needed to listen to my heart." This is my intention now in all that I do.
- I love chocolate and might eat it at any hour of the day
- I love the ocean, especially the Pacific Ocean and I start crying any time I am about to land on the island of Oahu
- I value and desire freedom, joy, love, compassion and fun.
- There is something exciting about reverent irreverence!
Dr Laura L. Ciel MA, PsyD is a licensed psychologist (CA License # PSY15546) and an internationally accredited coach who has a deep passion for inspiring change and transformation in the world. She was the host of the motivating and inspiring show The Dr Laura Ciel Show which aired once a week for several years and featured interviews with guests willing to share part of their journeys in service of helping others. She is the co author of the book Rock Solid from the Bedroom to the Boardroom. She works with clients individually and in groups privately and accepts contracts for outside work with businesses, non-profits, medical/hospital staff and other professional groups who want to bring in an inspiring change agent.
She is an expert in relationships, resiliency, emotional intelligence, empowerment and ways to live a more passionate, meaningful life.
She is Co-Founder of the personal and leadership development company Life Advance International LLC which strives to bring life-changing tools and processes to anyone who desires to make changes in their lives. In addition to their powerful personal development and leadership development training programs, she and her Co-Founder, Bill Poett do presentations for organizations, speakingengagements and live training events around the world.
Dr. Ciel has a BA in Economics/Business from UCLA, an MA and PsyD in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University, has completed coursework in Finance/Business at the Université de Grenoble and she graduated from the Coaches Training Institute (CTI France), a premier accredited professional coach training organization (where she completed the training in French). She has also completed extensive professional development programs in the areas of organizational behavior, coaching and leadership, including the highly acclaimed CTI Leadership program.
She is currently Past President of the Santa Barbara County Psychological Association and is an active member of the Medical Staff at VCMC (a UCLA teaching hospital and the #1 ranked Family Medicine Residency Program in the USA) where she provides psychological support in the area of Palliative Care. She previously was the Southern California Ambassador for CTI. And she is in the middle of writing her book on the year she discovered her life was worth fighting for.